Above and Beyond Service
Call Us at 319-551-8692 to schedule a buyer’s presentation.
Are you ready to buy a home?
We can help you decide.
The decision to purchase a home is a very personal one. You will need to consider several factors, including: your personal situation, financing costs, and the condition of the local real estate market.
These questions can help you determine if you’re ready to buy a home. With an Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) on our team, we can help you sort through these things and provide insight into the local market.
- If you purchase a home, how long do you expect to live there?
- What can you afford to pay each month for housing-related expenses?
- What are the total costs of home ownership?
- Mortgage payments (based on various interest rate and term assumptions)
- Property taxes
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Maintenance costs
- Any other special fees?
- Do you expect these housing-related expenses to increase or decrease? (changes in interest rates may be a bigger factor than others)
- What additional expenses are required to complete a purchase? (closing costs, moving expenses, etc.)
- How much will your home ownership costs decline after adjusting for interest expense deductions and property taxes (if applicable)?
- Are local market prices favorable to purchasing? What are your expectations on future prices?
- If you are now a renter, what are your total housing expenses? (monthly rent, utilities, housing assessment, parking, etc.?
- How does renting vs. buying factor into your long-term investing goals?
- What are your personal preferences regarding the type of housing you wish to live in? How does location factor into your housing preferences?
- How do you expect your personal situation to change, in terms of future housing needs?
- What are your expectations concerning future employment?
- What are your long-term personal and financial goals, with regard to housing?