Above and Beyond Service
Call Us at 319-551-8692 to schedule a buyer’s presentation.
Are you ready to buy a home?
We can help you decide.
The decision to purchase a home is a very personal one. You will need to consider several factors, including: your personal situation, financing costs, and the condition of the local real estate market.
These questions can help you determine if you’re ready to buy a home. With an Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) on our team, we can help you sort through these things and provide insight into the local market.
- If you purchase a home, how long do you expect to live there?
- What can you afford to pay each month for housing-related expenses?
- What are the total costs of homeownership?
- Mortgage payments (based on various interest rate and term assumptions)
- Property taxes
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Maintenance costs
- Any other special fees?
- Do you expect these housing-related expenses to increase or decrease? (changes in interest rates may be a bigger factor than others)
- What additional expenses are required to complete a purchase? (closing costs, moving expenses, etc.)
- How much will your homeownership costs decline after adjusting for interest expense deductions and property taxes (if applicable)?
- Are local market prices favorable to purchasing? What are your expectations on future prices?
- If you are now a renter, what are your total housing expenses? (monthly rent, utilities, housing assessment, parking, etc.?
- How does renting vs. buying factor into your long-term investing goals?
- What are your personal preferences regarding the type of housing you wish to live in? How does location factor into your housing preferences?
- How do you expect your personal situation to change, in terms of future housing needs?
- What are your expectations concerning future employment?
- What are your long-term personal and financial goals, with regard to housing?
Is a Buyer's Agent Right for You?
Click the image to download the current Home Buyers Guide
Visit our “Facts and Trends” page to see the archive of past issues.
Related Blog Posts
7 Tips to Help You Choose a Great Real Estate Agent
Before choosing a real estate agent, take these characteristics into consideration…Track RecordYour agent should have a proven record that meets...
VIDEO: Tips to Prepare Your Home for the Winter Season
So many times, damage to your home can be avoided by simple maintenance. Fall is a perfect time to clean out your gutters to prevent rain or snow...
VIDEO: Brockette Homes Tools for Buyers & Sellers
We make it easy! Check out our services. Each year we review our client services to increase your satisfaction when you choose to work with the...
Where Early Retirees are Moving
While the pandemic has prompted more people to retire early, fewer are moving after retirement. The ones who do move, are moving farther away. This...
VIDEO: Today’s Home Construction Options for the Three Little Pigs
We all know the fairytale, The Three Little Pigs. Three personalities, three solutions, one better than the other two. What about home...
Remote work seems to be here to stay in one form or another. Millennials are paving the way by choosing where they want to live vs living where...
Search Homes for Sale
Are you looking for the home of your dreams? Search homes for sale in your area. Search by address, city, zip code, or the MLS #. Many listings also include video or 3D tours.