In the Fall, we shared this helpful article regarding Six Fixes to Make Buyers say WOW.
Now that Spring is getting closer we wanted to check in on your progress.
- Structural and mechanical. Wouldn’t it be nice to know what an inspector found, prior to you selling your home? A local home inspector can perform a pre-home inspection so you are aware of what needs repairing. A pre-home inspection shows buyers you are courteous and want the best for everyone involved. Here’s one vendor, Vigilant Home Inspections. Contact us for additional recommendations.
- Exterior and Landscaping. So yes, it’s true, you aren’t able to do much about this in the winter, but House Logic shares 7 Ways to Brighten Your Curb Appeal in Winter. I really like the idea of repainting the front entrance to brighten up your home.
- Cosmetic fixes like painting, are necessary when selling your home. It may be hard, but taking the emotion out of it and using neutral colors to show the potential to the new home owner really works. Here are 10 Minimum Improvements That You Should Make.
- Kitchen updates can be costly, but it can really turn a “maybe” into a “yes”. If you have the money and can afford to invest a little to get a higher return, consider updating the appliances. A great local place to check out affordable deals is Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
- Clean bathrooms are a must when a potential buyer comes to view your home and it doesn’t have to cost much.
- Flooring. This is a dreaded thought to some, as it can be a hefty investment; however, if you have stained or old carpet updating is a necessity to replace before putting the for sale sign in the ground.
- De-clutter. I added this last little “gem” to the list, as it is so important and winter is a great time to do it; however, just the thought can raise anxiety. The website Becoming Minimalist shares 8 Simple Strategies For When You’re Struggling to Declutter.
Prepping your home for the Spring market sounds like a lot of work, but the return can be so valuable… to you, your family, and the new homeowner.
Call us at Brockette Homes when you are ready to make a move!