Now is the time many will be heading off on their last summer get-a-ways before the revolving door of school activities begin.
We have uncovered some helpful tips while preparing for your next vacation that are eco-friendly, and safe!
Are you focusing on “greening up” your next vacation? Here are 5 tips to make it easier while planning your eco-friendly trip.
- Plan your trip with help from this website with a great listing of environmentally friendly hotels, near and far!
- B.Y.O.B. bring your own beverages in reusable containers. It helps the environment and saves you money. Win, win.
- Part of the experience of traveling is doing things you may not normally do. Consider using public transportation or walk, while reducing your carbon footprint… and get ready for adventure.
- Just because you are on vacation, doesn’t mean that you should be careless with electricity from your hotel room. Be conscientious and turn off the lights.
- Buy direct from community eateries and shops; it not only helps the local economy, but it’s an adventure. Here are some other tips.
- Try a “stay-cation” and visit nearby sites, reducing gas usage and experiencing your own community!
By taking these steps, you can feel at ease knowing that you are helping the environment, while making lasting memories.
When going on vacation you not only have to think about the destination, but you need to also prep your home to be secure. We have discovered 5 safety tips to help you with this process, before hitting the road with your family.
- The last thing you want to come home to are unwanted odors from expired foods. Take a quick inventory and clean out your fridge!
- Make sure all windows and doors are securely locked before heading out for your vacation. It may seem obvious, but better to be safe than sorry.
- Thieves aren’t fooled by the fake rock next to your door, so remove the spare keys before you take off.
- If you are lucky enough to have awesome neighbors, give them a heads up that you will be away, so they can keep an eye out for unwanted visitors.
- Summer storms can happen in the blink of an eye, prevent damage to your electronics and invest in some good surge protectors.
Some of these tips may seem apparent, but taking these precautions may reduce the stress of leaving your home and actually enhance your next family vacation.
Whether you are hitting the road in car or on a plane, we wish you safe travels and wonderful memories with your family on your next get-away.